July 05, 2008

Eyesight check
Japanese schools have health checkup every year for kids.
They take dentistry, ophthalmology, internal medicine, otolaryngology checkup. Off course there are body heigh and weight.

My older son was a bad inspection result of Eyesight check.
Right eye 0.5
left eye 0.4
(A unit of the eyesight is different of the USA.)

Yesterday, my older son contacted an eye doctor with us. And my older son checked his eyesight again.
So my older son couldn’t read some hiragana.
(Hiragana is a Japanese syllabary.)
When my younger son saw it, he said proudly. “He can't read hiragana. That hiragana is very easy. I learnd it in my school.”
My older son said “I can’t see it clearly!!”

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you need glasses?

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Yes, I need the other type glasses.
When I read small characters, sometimes it is hard to read them.

 
At 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have reading glasses. It is becoming necessary to use them even when I eat. he! he!

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

That is great that the school does the eye check ups for your children. We have to get our children's eye check ourselves.
Our schools do, however, provide dental check ups, speech pathology if needed and reading recovery for children needing assistance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home