May 10, 2008

Sleeping car
We got on a sleeping car again. Now when pepole take a trip in Japan, they usually use planes or bullet trains.(Off course we use car too.) Because planes are faster than sleeping cars. Therefore sleeping cars become to disappear on rails.
Next year this sleeping trains will stop.
Therefore before stopping this train we planed to get on it.
Strange to say this sleeping cars getting really trendy.

We slept in a nice room which is a little retro. Next time we want to write facilities in this room.
We Japanese travel by train, we eat Ekiben on trains. "Eki" means station. "ben" means lunch box. I think ekiben are a part of Japanese culture. And eating ekiben on trains is the Japanese way of traveling by trains. If you travel by trains in Japan, you should try ekiben. You can get many kinds of ekiben. Any stations have any bento.





Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:22 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I bet your kids liked this journey!

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

SzélsőFa,
Hello! Yes, they enjoyed this journey. But I was tired. This trip was only three days..

 
At 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband fondly remembers when, as a child, he travelled from California to Michigan by train with his mother and sisters. It took many days, and she could not afford a sleeping car, so I's sure she was very tired. But my husband enjoyed the trip. He was very young.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

How wonderful Lucy, my children would love to go on such a journey..and so would I :)

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Tess,
I think your husband's mother was really tired too. When your husband was kid to trip by train, it was harder than now. And Your country is very huge.

Cassie!
Oh! My younger son is growing up.
He needs his travel cost now. Travelling by car is cheaper than by train...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home