March 01, 2007

Rice cake making
This is a famous rice cake shop in Nara. My uncle took a video. Maybe this is a regular way.

Normal rice cake making


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

This video is a same shop in Nara. They are campion of making rice cakes in japan. They have high-speed technique. I think this way is special. My uncle who lives in Nara, tried to see it when he took a walk. But he didn't have any chance to see it.

special rice cake making


Rice cakes with wormwood



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I really need to get to Japan. I love the food. It would be interesting to see how it is made traditionally.

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Lucy, that was great!
Your uncle's film makes me feel like walking on the street :)
And I think I have seen that You Tube film - the speed they work at is amazing!!
Why is the dough green? Is there some spinach in it?
And re: wormwood...uh...Is that traditional to eat in Japan? As it is a common weed in Hungary and lots of people are allergic to it...

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Rebecca,
I think Japanese food are very nice. We are happy. But I want to go the other countries.

SzélsőFa,
Yes, my uncle's video is simple and nice.
We say "Yomogi" which is kind of Japanese herb. Wormwood might not correct. But yahoo translatiton said wormwood. We don't eat raw "Yomogi". We boil them and we mix with rice cakes.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%94%BB%E5%83%8F:Yomogi.jpg

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

That is amazing, I wonder what these taste like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home