February 17, 2007

Alpine skiing at the Winter Olympics
In 1972, the Winter Olympic was opened in Japan of Sapporo city.
When we watched Alpine skiing races on TV, my father said “A Japanese girl said Alpene sking like using Japanese style toilet of Shinkansen.”
When I was young, a lot of toilets were Japanese style. Also passenger train toilets were Japanese style in Japan.
While we use Japanese toilets, we have to squat. (You might think strange.)
So passenger train toilets of shinkansen shake. (It is more shake than you think.)
Therefore a girl thought Alpine skiing looked like toilets of shinkansen.
If you don't know Japanese style toilet, you might not imagine this story..


Jan, 2007
When I was in my yonger son age, I didn't know this sports.Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Ah yes, I see, so to skii properly you must use your legs in such a way to squat ..just like when you use Japanese toilet....so then, Japanese, having much practice of this would be wonderful skiiers..yes?

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I've checked the link about Japanese toilets. It was interesting. I have seen similar toilets in Bulgaria and to my surprise, in Italy!! I thought these kinds of toilets are of Asian origin.

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Cazzie!!!
Recently, our toilets are western style in our aprtments or house.
I heard a lot of Japanese kids don't know how to use Japanse style toilets....

SzélsőFa,
Bugaria has like Asian style?!?
Wow, it is the Silk Road somthing. It is intersting.

 
At 3:22 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

When I was a university student, we had students from Russia in the hostel. We shared the toilets and the showers. Russian students did not know how to use our western-style toilets (btw: they are called English toilets here). Instead of sitting properly, they squatted on the seat. Everytime the seat was dirty with earth we knew a Russian student had been there inside the toilet. That was not very funny during those years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home