March 11, 2007

Nara Todai-ji Temple Omizutori
This picture is not a fire of temple. This is Ceremony of the Second Month in Todai-ji temple of Nara city in Japan. This ceremony is very famous and histrical. It has been held every spring on March 12 since 752. Priests, with big torches in their hands, run through the balcony of Nigatsu-do which belongs Todai-ji temple.

By the way, I have not ever seen this ceremony. So it is difficult to write this theme. If you need
more information, you try to the other link.


This was a torche which was fired last year. My uncle took a picture this year.

Preparing torches


The priests run up this hall.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

A sight to behold with all those torches Lucy :)

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I hope that today you can see it finally!

 
At 12:25 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

Cazzie!!
I wanted to write more information.
But I couldn't it. Sorry..

SzélsőFa,
My uncle said the day is midnight of 14th. I misunderstood it. Probably I will watch on TV next morning. Someday I want to see rhe real scene.
By the way, you post a lot of thing on your blog these days.
You have a lot of intersting stries!!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Dear Lucy, I'm glad you like my blog. Keep visiting :))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home