April 25, 2008

Bamboo shoots
We get bamboo shoots near my mother's house. We eat bamboo shoots which are boiled up with soy sauce and sugar. My parents made me eat bamboos shoots. Because there is bamboo grove near my house. So in spring we get a lot of bamboo shoots. When I was young, I enjoyed to eat them. But finally I was getting fed up with them.
Tess's bamboo shoots are different of ours. If Tess's house is near my house, I would give Tess bamboo shots.

This year I got a lot of bamboo shoots too. I cooked them. I have been eating them.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet of you! I am still looking for bamboo shoots. Some stores here had bamboo shoots last year, so I will keep looking. They look elegant when you slice them in half so you can see the design inside. The tiny ones in the package were very cute, but they did not have much flavor.

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

HEllo! Tess.
Bamboo shoots have some coats. We remove coasts. And we boiled them rice bran. After that we wash them. And we boil with sugar and soy sauce. Of course we shouldn't forget "Dashi".

Acutually I have ever buy bamboo shoots in shops. I am so lucky. But this season I have to eat them long time...

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

The second picture looks like mushrooms to me...

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

SzélsőFa,
Hello. Mushrooms..
Maybe, my picture is not good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home