September 22, 2007

The scooping of the goldfish
When I was young, I used to play the scooping of the goldfish in the festival. And I leave the goldfish in our pool.
He said we must not fight gravity, when we play the scooping of the goldfish. It is difficult to do that. It is easy to break the net of paper.
Have you ever played the scooping of the goldfish??
Recently in Japan we don't have chance to play the scooping of the goldfish which are real .
Usually the goldfish are imitations.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Is that you in the upper left corner? You look young and pretty!

Can you keep the goldfish? Or are the fish put back to the pool again?
We don't have this type of activity in fun festivals.
We have a similar one, when the fish are plastic, and they have a number on their stomach. While you are fishing them, you can't see the number.
Above the pool, there's a stock of various toys and candies in shelves. Each shelf has a number.

Once you have the fish (and the number) you can choose one item from the shelf that has the same number as your fish.

It is a game for smaller kids, like age 4-10.

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

SzélsőFa,
Thank you for comments every time.
Yes, it is me who was very noisy.

Now we are keeping two fish in our aquarium. And today we got the other goldfish in pet shop. We wonder to keep them.

Japanese were the agricultural people. Old Japanese celebrated the picking season for god in villages.

Recently our houses are apartments. We don't have any space to keep goldfish. So kids don't have chance to keep goldfish. Actually I didn't want to get it. But when I was young, my mother every time she make me play it in Matsuri. Therefore I thought my kids should have done it. They need to experience.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It's so good to have traditions I agree.
The Hungarian were also agricultural people, Lucy :)
and they celebrated harvest and other activities as well. These are very nice traditions, I agree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home