August 25, 2007

Stag beetle
When my older son was 5 years old, he got a stag beetle. He enjoyed to watch it.
That summer he went to a camp at one night with his preschool friends. But when he wasn't in our house, the stag beetle died. I was very confused.
Then I bought the other stag beetle in a shop near our house. After that he came back to our house, he said it was not my stag beetle. it was something wrong.
But I said I don't think so...
Actually he didn't know abut it.


Imitaition VS real beetle



Posted by Picasa

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Blogger -LGirl- said...

That's so much more interesting than a hamster.

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It is amazing that you son was able to distinguish the 2 beetles...

 
At 12:55 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

-LGirl-
Your hamster is cute!

SzélsőFa,
Actually, I dont' like insects...
Boys like them.

 
At 4:15 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I used to fear them, but since my husband is an entomologist (someone who does scientific research work with insects), I have to get used to it....
what else can I possibly say!!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

My husband dosen't like to save insects. Because they usually died.
My kids are not good at taking care them.
We are going to trip today. So my older son made insects be free near woods. It was hard decision for him.

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

that was the BEST decision he could make.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Jay said...

yeah that's a pretty creepy looking creature there. haha

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, my kids loved this beetle!

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger LanternLight said...

Saw somewhere recently that there are beatle fighting contests... Do you have those in Japan?

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

LanternLight,
I watched TV show, which was Japanese beatle VS foreign beetle.

I don't know it is poplar.

 
At 12:22 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

Jay,
Your turtles pictures are better than it..

Cazzie!!!
Yes kids like beetles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home