June 19, 2007

Sweet Flag
SzélsőFa asked me "onions in the bathtub? for what reason? decoration? "
Now I answer this is not onions. That is Sweet Flag.
When it is May 5 , we take a bath with Sweer Flag. May 5 is Children's Day (boys day). We celebrate their happiness. So we take a bath with Sweer flag, they become to be health more.


When we went to Shikoku, I took this picture. When it is May 5, parents who have boys decorate carp-shaped flags.


These are Japanese iris. My uncre, who lives in Nara, sent pictures. I misunderstood sweet flag and iris are same plants. My uncle adviced plants in the bath is defferent of iris by e-mail.
Thank you for helping!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:57 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

those irises are lovely.
Thanks for the information on 'sweet flag'. What's the Latin name for the plant? funnily, it looks like corn (Zea mays), but I'm sure it is not that...

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

SzélsőFa,
I think so. My uncle likes botany.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home