May 24, 2007

Dōgo Onsen (Shikoku Part3)
Dōgo Onsen is a hot spring in Shikoku, Japan. Shikoku is a smallest of the four main islands of Japan.
I think Shikoku is very nice. If you have a time, you should visit Shikoku. Shikoku has good foods, beatful seas, historical places and hot springs.

This pictures are Dōgo Onsen bathhouse which was bult in 1894. I think this is a very histrical places.
We took this public bath, which was bery good. (Sorry I didn't taka a picture.)
The movie Spirited Away was modeled on the present building of the Dōgo Onsen public bathhouse.





Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:29 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

what kind of water is there? are there hot springs there, too?
is this bath for both males and females?
was this the same way back in historical times, too? Could men and women go to the same bath?

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, even before you put text to this post I was thinking of Spirited Away...yes, I was right.

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger LanternLight said...

Never better than a hot bath.

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

SzélsőFa,
There are both for males and females. It is good for neuralgia, a muscular pain, and arthralgia.
And this old house had a bath for the Imperial Family.

Cazzie!!!,
Actually, I have ever watch “Spirited Away”. But my Candadian friend said
this movie was famous in the world. …

LanternLight,
Yes, I love a hot bath!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home