April 06, 2007

Japanese schools
Japanese schools start in April. SzélsőFa is interested in this way. When I read cazzy’blog, schools start in January in But now Japanese governments try to chan

ge like The USA's.
Australia .
Schools start in September in Meiji period in Japan. But the fiscal year of the country changed in April. Therefore Japanese schools might start in April.
I think entrance ceremonies need cherry blossoms in Japan. It is important of cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms and entrance ceremonies are Japanese culture. If Japanese school system will change like The USA's. I think I feel strange.

By the way, students have spring, summer, and winter vacations. (They have autumn vacationin in some schools. It depends on each schools situation.)
But recently a lot of kids have to study for examinations in vacations. I think it is terrible!!.
If Japanese schools hadn't started in April, entrance ceremonies would have not meant much for the Japanese.

April, 2003
The picture was not sharply focused.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:57 AM , Blogger LanternLight said...

Australian schools mostly start late January/Early February.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Thanks for the post. it is really interesting to see how school systems vary from country to country.
I aggree with you. Japan should NOT change it's unique system to follow the USA's. Every country, incl. Japan should keep its own schooling traditions. These traditions were not created for nothing. They have a special meaning. The traditions of USA have meaning in the USA's culture and they might not have the same meaning in Japan. I don't believe in making cross-traditions.

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger -LGirl- said...

We here in Canada start school in Sept, have 2 weeks off in December, one week off in March and school ends at the end of June.
All the Exams are written before the holidays.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Your grammar is becoming sop good Lucy, well done on the hard work :)
Yes, we begin in January, through to December, with breaks like the one we are having now for Easter.
I used to study for my nursing degree during University Holidays, but, I did make sure I had a time table to work by so that I would give my body and brain a rest too.

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

LanternLight,
Soryy, I’m late. Everyday I feel sleepy…
I think Australian way is natural of our calendar.

SzélsőFa,
Recently it is problem to be down Japanese kids’ability in Japan.
Government said if our educational system change, kids’ability will be up.
It is stupid.

LGirl,
Hello!
Sorry, I'm late.
And Happy birthday for your daughter.
Your younger daughter will go to school in Sept soon!!

Cazzie!!!
Thank you for your encouraging.
I want to study English. But I feel tired every night.

By the way, I worry about Rebecca’s illness…
If I can speek English very well, I would post something for her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home