December 05, 2006

Posted by Picasa
Christmas is coming!
When I was a kid, Christmas was not a special day. Because, my parents were old fashioned people. They were born before the Second World War. Therefore, we didn’t celebrate Christmas day. (Of course we ate cakes and chicken.)
And Japanese might not have enjoyed Christmas more than now.

I think New Years day is more important than Christmas for Japanese. And we celebrate New Years day with family.

By the way, when I was about 25 years old, I wanted to celebrate with my boyfriend…
But it was difficult to do it. So, I didn’t have any boyfriend. LOL..

Now, I have sons. They believe in Santa Claus. And they are looking forward to their Christmas presents.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Lucy.

I only have one wish for this Christmas, and that is to see my sons again. Given my eldest son also turns 10 on December 25, it is a double blow for me.

Sorry to put a downer of a comment here, I really do wish yourself and all your readers a Merry Christmas.

HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

When I was 22 years old, I was a student. But you took care kid already. Wonderful!!
So when I was 32 years old, I didn’t get marry yet. And I annoyed abut my life. Hahaha… You can imajin my ages..
Rebecca, merry Christmas and happy new year.

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Have a Happy Christmas with your family, Lucy!
Is it Santa Claus that brings presents for the kids? And when he does it so in Japan? Here it is the Jesus or the angels that bring(s) presents on 24th December.
Do you also make a ring for the Advent? Did you see ours in my webpage?

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

THat's great, I am glad they believe in Santa. MY 9yr old just got told he is not real this year by his classmates. I am sad for him :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home