November 30, 2006

Tower of London
Do you know this place? Maybe Kieran might knows it .
When I traveled in London, my mother or I took this picture. My father explained “that is the Scaffold Site.”
I thought this place was creepy, though there was a Christmas tree.
While I stood front of this site, I was imagining Anne Boleyn, who had been killed in this place.
Anyway, it was a scary story.

This christmas light will be twinkling near the scaffold site this year.

Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:36 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It sounds and looks scary at first, really. To have a Christmas tree near where Anna Boleyn was beheaded...
On the second thought though, it is just a symbol of cycles in life. The tree brings light and life into the world thus completing death. Life and death at the same place. They are inseparable.

 
At 2:48 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

I heard "Tower of London" had a lot of legends which were scary.
Ghosts didn't have heads...

 
At 4:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of scary, gory stuff happened there Lucy.

One superstition about the tower is that if the big black birds, the ravens, which roost there, ever fly away, this will signal the doom of London, the Monarchy and the whole country. Superstitious people still watch them, particularly when they're worried about flooding. This is pointless though, since the eight ravenswhich currently live there have had their wings clipped so that they can't leave!

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Thank you for story, Kieran. After I read your comments, I checked big black birsd in London tower. When I visited in London tower, I didn't see the ravens. I was lucky.

So, they said ravents are not lucky birds in Japan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home