October 23, 2006

My New Personal Computer
I bought a new Personal Computer. My older son and I went to a factory which, made personal computers. And, my older son assembled the new personal computer. Their staff taught kids how to assemble personal computers. (This manufactor has a special class for kids.)


Now, I am setting it, I am installing applications, copying datas. Maybe, I will not use it this week. Because, I’m busy. Actually, my old personal computer is 6 years old. OS is windows 2000.

Lanternlight reccomended to me, For home use, Vista is great. But you need a fairly powerful machine to run it (1GB+ RAM for starters).

Mabye, I think windows Vista os will need some Service Pack!!!

Anyway, I will use this new computer which has Windows XP, about 5 years. (LOL)

Plus, I don’t like what kids use personal computers. Therefore, I don’t admit our sons use personal computers. Especially, my younger son use it…
You might think my opinion and my way are strange.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:41 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

If you want to say that you don't like to see your kids spending too much time in front of a PC, I totally agree with you. I think computers do more wrong than good, especially to young kids.

 
At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you could buy a kit computer and assemble it yourself! does it make it cheaper?

 
At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No shame in using WinXP, I recently wiped my work Vista machine and went back to Windows XP.

Shameless plug, I wrote about it here:
http://unknownlight.blogspot.com/2006/10/eating-your-own-dog-food.html

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Szélső Fa,
I know Personal Computers are very useful tool. But, before kids use Personal Computers, they should learn their languages. And they make their real friends.
Recently, in Japan there’re a lot of troubles, when kids use Personal Computers by internet.

frog with a blog,
It is same. But the maker gave us Personal Computer’s bag and etc.
Besides we went to the Tohoku region by Shinkansen. We needed money for traverling.
Anyway, my older son thought it was easy to buy Personal Computers by internet. He didn’t know someone made Personal Computers. He learned making something and system.


LanternLight,
My company decided to release from next April.
My job is IT. But I don’t like new OS and new Office.

 
At 4:43 AM , Blogger -LGirl- said...

I think it's great that you boy has experienced building a computer. So much more useful than using one at a young age!
I wish we could do such interesting things for our children. Factories here won't even give tours anymore because insurance doesn't cover them if people are injured. It's sad really.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

-LGirl-,
I didn't know kids were injured in this work. Assistants really took care our kids.
Western countries have a lot of suits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home