August 22, 2006

A berth train (Hokutosei)

When we got on a berth train, my older son really wanted to keep the top bunk.
But I didn’t permit it. So he hid and cried on the button bunk. He insisted that he would not fall on the floor!!
I thought the top bunk was completly high, he will have done it by the time he us 18 years old.

-------------------------------------------------------------
After that he asked the berth train's conductor.
" Do you know someone who fell on to floor?" (Has anyyone ever fallen off the bunk? Do you know if anyone has fallen?)
The berth train of conduoctor said "I have not heard of it yet."

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:39 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Absolutely, Lucy. I wouldn't have left MY kid to sleep on the top bunk, too. What is a berth train, anyway?

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yes, my son Nicholas(7yrs old) is only just sleeping on the top bunk, his sister who is 3yrs old asks to sleep for her day sleep on the top but I will not let her. I too am scared she will fall and break some bones.
It looks like fun your trip Lucy :)

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Jay said...

Not only would I not let a kid sleep on the top bunk, I'm pretty sure I would fall off it too. LOL

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger LanternLight said...

I love travelling in those sleeping berths, expensive though.

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

saz,
Kids like high places. Sometimes my younger son stands up on a desk, and he fell out.

Szélső Fa,
Do you say a sleeping car?

Cazzie!!!
My mother said “there were accidents of bunk beds”
We take care of it.

Jay,
When my older son fell down in a hotel room, I was very surprised. Because it sound was loud.

LanternLight,
When we got the trains, we couldn’t get economy class.

 
At 3:47 AM , Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Yes, sleeping car sounds better to me, but I saw that Lanternlight also used sleeping berth.
In Hungary, we say hálókocsi, which translates to sleeping car, but many Hungarians use the French word: couchette instead.
(We pronounce it with a k at the beginning and the middle ch sounds like shh)

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Szélső Fa,
I asked Canadian, so he used " berth".

LanternLight, rewrite
When we got on this this sleeping berth, we got economy class sheets.
I think first class sheets are expensive.

 
At 4:46 AM , Blogger Sev said...

So funny ;-) Kids are so sweet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home