March 07, 2006


Family meeting
Mom: We’ve called everyone together to announce some rules for our family.
You can’t watch any TV program today. And you have to go to bed at nine.

Son1: Excuse me. I’d like to ask a question. Does that mean we can’t watch TV on weekend?

Mom: Yes, that's right.

Son1: But we usually watch about one hour.

Mom: Yes, that’s right.

Son2: Wait a minute. I want to watch Pikachu, MAMA!

Mom: You have to go to bed at nine. Alice’s mother said it is bad for you that you don't
have sleep enough. If you watch the TV, you can’t have sleep enough.
Let’s move on to the next topic.

Son1: Okay. Let’s go to take a bath.

Son2: ……
(He is crying.)

Recently they said children don’t have sleeping enough, it is difficult to get over 9 hours in Japan.
Sleeping time influences children growing.
But it is difficult to make them go to bed early. They want to not sleep.
So they become quiete about over 10 o’clock.

What time do your children go to bed every night?
Or when you were a child, what time did you go to bed?
I think the people of other country people are strict about children behavior.
Of course it depends on familys' situation.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

My boy who is 8 goes to bed at 8:15.

My boy who is 11 goes to bed at 9:15.

They both wake up at 6:30. They are grouchy if they don't get this much sleep.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

Y Hillbilly Mom,
your sons are nice!!

This post has a lot of mistakes.
I will rewrite later.......

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

Tonight(15,March),they went a bed
at 9:55.

My youngerson is grouchy if he doesn't get this much sleep.

He always says "I am sleeping yet.!!'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home