March 02, 2006

Blah blah
I went to Australia about three years ago. And I learned English for only a week in an English school.
Sometimes the British English teacher used "blah blah blah" in the class.

When she told us something similar in the sentences, she used “blah blah blah”.
We Japanese thought that was funny. Because we have this word in Japanese. I think its pronunciation is to similar to Japanese.

After I came back Japan, I told my husband about it. He said “My English teacher used it too.”

Japanese "burabura” means
1,Swinging something
2,walking around without the purpose
3,idling (someone is idling)little lazy, no job

Can you understand my English???

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM , Blogger LanternLight said...

>And I learned English only a week in a English school.

All this skill in English after only a week?!?! You must be talented.

>It was “blah blah blah”.

Americans have been known to use yada yada yada.

>Do you understand my English???

Yes, you're communicating :-)

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

LanternLight,

"Yada yada yada" is funny too.
I can’t find it in my dictionary, and in Word. 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home